Saturday, November 24, 2012

Christmas time is here...

Thanksgiving has just passed and it's time to start looking forward to Christmas. Dr. Dude and I kind of exchanged gifts yesterday. He got me an iPad Mini. The reasoning behind it is since my computer died over a year ago (and I've been putting off getting a new one) and he is moving away, he wanted for us each to have something so that we can see each other when we talk to each other. Now we can "FaceTime" with each other. (His mom got him one so now we both have one.) I'm typing this on my the new iPad. It's easier than typing it on a phone, but not as easy as a computer. I have tiny fingers but they're not quite tiny enough to be efficient with this thing.

Dr. Dude isn't really getting a gift from me for Christmas. I've made him a certificate entitling him to an extended weekend with me where I will come and visit him once he moves into his new apt and finish helping him set it up. He was very excited at the promise that I will visit him. It was very cute.

This means that, except for Dr. Dude's tickets, I have completed all of my Christmas shopping. Mama is getting gift cards to Bath and Body Works and Barnes and Noble, which she'll love. She and I are going in together to get Daddy a new recliner (his is well over 20 years old and he is in desperate need of a new one even though he is refusing to give his old one up). Brother #1 is getting a shutterfly album of pictures of his kids from this summer. Brother #2 is getting a pot to do his cooking in (he's living in his first apt and has been complaining that his pot that he has isn't big enough). Lil Man is getting a Fisher Price lawn mower, and Lil Lady is getting a stuffed Madeline doll. I can't wait to see them. I hope the babies will be around a lot. Their parents are having some marital issues so it's often iffy if they'll be around. But I want lots of cuddles and kisses so I'm willing to go get them myself.

Dr. Dude is coming too meet the family after Christmas. It should be interesting. He's a little excited and a little terrified. It's really cute. So now I have to mentally prepare for it. And that's my last preparation left.

How are your Christmas preparations going?

1 comment:

  1. The presents all sound so cute! You are ahead of the game! I want to see pictures of Lil Lady and her Madeline doll!

    ReplyDelete