Friday, December 14, 2012

12 in 2012 wrap up


I know there are still a couple of weeks left to the year, but I will be going on my annual Christmas vacation soon so I figured I would go ahead and wrap it up for you now.

12 in 2012:

1. Apply for grad school for the fall of 2013.
After doing a lot of research on schools and programs and my interests, it came to my attention that the average time to get a PhD in anthropology is eight years - without guaranteed funding. I do not want to spend eight more years potentially racking up student loan debt. So I've decided to scratch that and use the skills that I have already gained to my advantage. Hopefully I can still get a job that I will enjoy.

2. Minimalize my belongings.
I still haven't made it to Goodwill, but I have been putting together some dvds and cds that I want to sell.

3. Move.

4. Organize my living situation.
This will be another one for next year since I plan on leaving my job at the end of my lease and moving.

5. Go on an archaeological dig.

6. Go to the gym regularly. Ammended: Exercise regularly
Over the course of the year this one has fluctuated. Sometimes I do really well, sometimes I do poorly. I have signed up to run a half marathon in May, so I must work on this

7. Publish a paper.
Getting tantalizingly close to being done with this one.

8. Read my Bible and pray regularly.
I was doing pretty well with this one for a while, but then I fell off the wagon. This will be another one for next year.

9. Send more mail.
Check! I guess I kind of completed this one thanks to care packages to the niece and nephew. 

10. Keep up with school work.
Finished my final. Not taking classes next semester.

11. Read more.
More is really a relative term, but I did read more books this year than last year.

12. Enjoy time with myself and with others.
This is one I want to repeat next year.

Over all, I got about half of what I wanted to do done. Some of the things on this list are more "ongoing" types of things than do it and get it done. I guess I'll have to continue to work on them next year. How do your 2012 goals look?

No comments:

Post a Comment