Friday, December 14, 2012

13 Books in 2013

I decided for my 13 in 2013 I'll list 13 books that I want to read this upcoming year. I like the idea of doing something a little more concrete than having the random goals to accomplish. This is my list of 13 books. Anyone want to join in on the reading?

1. The Virgin Suicides, Jeffrey Eugenides
2. Hideous Kinky, Ester Freud
3. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Hunter S. Thompson
4. The Electric Kool-aid Acid Test, Tom Wolfe
5. In Cold Blood, Truman Capote
6. Franny and Zooey, JD Salinger
7. Breakfast at Tiffany's, Truman Capote
8. The Catcher in the Rye, JD Salinger
9. 1984, George Orwell
10. Out of Africa, Isak Dineson
11. Absalom, Absalom!, William Faulkner
12. The Sun Also Rises, Ernest Hemingway
13. The Awakening, Kate Chopin

2 comments:

  1. Out of those I've read, The Virgin Suicides, Franny and Zooey, The Catcher in the Rye, 1984, and The Sun Also Rises. All so good! If you end up liking The Virgin Suicides, you should read Middlesex. It's by Eugenides, and so good!

    You know what I want to finally read this year? Gone with the Wind and Les Miserables. I have never read either of those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read Middlesex this year. I loved it! He published The Marriage Plot in 2011. I heard that was really good too. Some of the others (The Catcher in the Rye, Franny and Zooey, and 1984) are ones that I feel like should have been required reading in HS, but I never had to read them. So I feel like I'm catching up. I've never read Gone with the Wind or Les Miserables either. I really want to read Les Miserables. Maybe that will be on my 14 in 2014 list. ;)

      Delete