Saturday, January 5, 2013

Happy new year

I'm not going to do a Christmas update since I have absolutely nothing positive to say about it. However, I will recap Dude's visit!

As Dude was boarding the first leg of flights, he got a call saying that the second leg was canceled and they rescheduled it. Before turning off his phone he checked his itinerary online and realized that they rescheduled it for January 28 instead of December 28! He was able to leave me a message letting me know his problem so I wound up driving to town where I could get cell reception and Internet and I spend two hours trying to get him a new flight. I had to have him rerouted to another airport since they couldn't get him into the original one for three days. It was ridiculous. But once he arrived things got better. He brought gifts for my mom and me (suck up). We had a nice dinner that my mom cooked. On day 2 we just stayed at home. Dude and my dad went coon (raccoon) hunting that night. Dude had a blast and actually killed a raccoon. He was excited and he hopes that he won some points with the dad. We visited some of my family on day 3, though we couldn't visit everyone I wanted to visit because I had a cold and I didn't want to give it to the frailer of the relatives. The relatives that met dude told my mom that they liked him, which is awesome! Dude and I both had flights to catch on day 4. I had to fly back to the home base for work and Dude was flying to where his mom is working. He's staying with her temporarily until he finds a job. He's got an interview this upcoming week, so please pray that it goes well!

I'm back in the grind of things now. I miss Dude a lot. I hope he gets a job soon. I'm going to start looking for a new job when he gets one.

In the meantime, I hope everyone has a happy and prosperous 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment