Saturday, April 20, 2013

Wedding planning

So here is what Dr. Dude and I have decided so far for the wedding:
Date
Time
Location
Reception location (at a hotel so that's two birds with one stone)
Catering (taken care of by the reception location so that's a third bird)
Attendants and their clothing (or at least my attendants' clothing - we're still debating on his)
Dress (though I haven't ordered it yet)

I have an idea on bouquets but I have to find a florist or decide to do silk flowers (which would actually be quite easy because my family is full of people who are DIY goddesses and my grandmother used to be a florist so arrangements, etc. would be a breeze for her), we've contacted a photographer for engagement and wedding pictures, and today I was looking at wedding cakes. I found a cake maker who has a picture on her website of an armadillo gooms cake that she made. As a southerner and a Phi Mu, I am highly tempted to change my mind on the grooms cake just so that I can have that one. (For those of you who don't get the reference, you need to watch Steel Magnolias. The character of Shelby is based on a real woman who was a Phi Mu. No, my wedding colors are not "blush and bashful.")

To be quite honest, I'm not overly thrilled at all the planning. Sometimes it's fine, but most of the time it's just stressful because everyone wants to know all the details and they're just stressing me out. If I were left to my own devices, I feel like I'd be pretty laid back about it because I really don't care that much other than the ceremony. And by that, I mean the priest, me, Dr. Dude, and our necessary attendants. I feel that other than those things the rest should just be fun, but people put so much pressure on you that it's not that much fun. That's why I'm glad I found the armadillo cake. The giggles that seeing that gave me made the work of looking for a cake totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment